TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Went on a test drive today....370Z....thoughts
People Seeking Info

Subject Went on a test drive today....370Z....thoughts

Posted by TTkeeper on July 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 318 times.

In Reply To Agreed.. They are a blast to drive. posted by Madhatter10-6 on July 25, 2014 at 09:42 PM

Message First thing I noticed is the suspension is too firm for
daily driving on less than smooth roads. Every state
has some rough roads ...and the 370Z makes you feel like voting for a city bond issue to fix the streets....even rougher than the TT on the sport setting. 2nd thing: Cabin noise. Nissan chose bushings for performance...unfortunately, the noise gets in and fatigue sets in soon. 3rd: You buy horsepower, but you drive torque. The difference between the 370's hp and torque #s is 52! With only 270 lbft of torque, it just doesn't push you back into the seat like the TT does.
4th: You feel like you're in a bathtub...with those high
shoulder door lines and seats that are practically mounted
to the frame's floor. I felt like the passenger when sitting
in the driver's seat....like it was driving me...not the other
way around. 5th: Don't underestimate the blind spot!!
You could hide a tandem tractor trailer big rig in that
blind spot. I personally think its a driving hazard...and no
blind spot warning system. Last: The factory exhaust
just doesn't sound melodius (or as Jay Leno would say, it doesn't sing)....it doesn't get your heart racing
at all....might as well be a maxima you're driving. If the
370Z didn't look as good as it does....this car would be
a flop. Too heavy, Too expensive, and no turbo. I still can't believe Nissan didn't offer a turbo version of the 350Z before
even thinking about the 370. They really made a mistake...turbos are now back in style and Nissan has been sitting on the sidelines with no turbo Z to show for the last 10 years. I hope Jay Leno was able to get through to them when he was over there. My opinion: build a smaller Z if you have to in order to get the performance up, the cost down, and the fun back. Lotus did this with the Elise (under 2500lbs)....its a blast to drive. I love my TT, but need something newer I can take on trips without worries.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.